Saturday, June 6, 2009

The end is near

These last few days of my life are really hectic. As the school year is coming close to its end kids I teach suddenly wake up and decide that NOW is the time to improve of their grades. But I have a surprise for them...I've been telling them all year long to follow up on the grades lists I posted for them. Basically, every time they had a test, or an exercise I graded, I posted a list with all of their grades and an average for each one of them. It was their task to follow up on their grades and to work harder if they wanted to improve them. It seems that some of them just woke up and decided they want an A instead of a B, B instead of a C etc. Unfortunately for them, I have no intention to load myself with another ton of work and their final grades are done and just waiting Monday to be recorded. And going soft in this matter is not going to help them learn how to be responsible about their actions (or in this case the lack of them). I really love those kids...you have to love them to be able to deal with them...but there are limits.

Well, all this ends on June 15th....just 9 more days and I'll be in heaven!

0 comments: