Sunday, April 19, 2009

How I started designing jewelry?

It happened quite by accident.

Almost four years ago (has it been that long?) a friend of mine asked me to look for some jewelry supplies online for her (she didn't have access at the time). And while I browsed the only page with supplies and projects I could find close to me, Chemaco, I simply fell in love.

Few days after I found myself in the shop and felt like a child in a candy store. With its 120 square meters this shop was a dream come true. I bought two blocks of polymer clay, some fishing nylon, some beads, few clasps and a bag of crimps, came back and started working.

I had stopped several times lately, but I don't intend to give up on this one.

In these four years I met a whole bunch of great people, first on the forum Radionica Snova I created, where most of the girls (and a few boys) are from Croatia. This forum has now grown huge considering the specialized information it contains and the language limitations, and it's in the hands of other, very dedicated people.

These days I'm trying to catch up with my work obligations (it's usually a feeding frenzy for teachers as the summer holidays are approaching), as well as to find time to set up my own site and methods of payment (PayPal doesn't support my country....thumbs down for them), in order to start selling online.

Well, no pics of jewelry this time, but I do hope I'll be able to produce something new soon.

0 comments: